zondag 4 januari 2015

Cheers to the freakin New Year!



First of all I would like to wish each and everyone the very best for the next chapter in your life! January 1st doesn’t only gives the green light for 365 new days, but it also gives you the opportunity to discover new things, travel, work out, and most of all just enjoy life.
 






For all my friends and family in Belgium, this is for you: 
" Nieuwjareke zoete, ons varken heeft 4 voeten. 
4 voeten en ne staart. 
Is dat dan geen centje waard ? :-) "











I’ve really tried to come up with some New Year Resolutions for 2015, but in the end it all came down to the following “Live my life to the fullest so I can go to bed every night with a big smile on my face”. This means that I’ll work out, eat healthier, travel, enjoy the little things in life, and of course study…which isn’t that different from 2014 to be honest :-)






During the past 3 weeks I’ve been bored to death, as Cranbrook unfortunately isn’t a very lively city at all. A lot of people left to celebrate the Holidays with their family, which meant that only about 10 people were still residing in the Purcell House Residence. We did however try to make the best of it with a potluck on Christmas Eve, but it’s still not quite the same as being home for the Holidays. 





 



I worked quite a bit, went swimming a couple of times, slept in, organized my room, and watched a lot of TV series to kill the time. Guess it’s needless to say that I’m happy that College starts again tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM! I’m completely ready for the second part of my first year as a Tourism and Recreation Management student. This time I decided to take on 7 courses including 1 where we will earn industry certifications, which will increase our chances for future employment.






The next semester also provides us with a lot of opportunities to relax and enjoy the Canadian life. We’ll probably go to some hockey games, head to Calgary to watch the Calgary Flames, go skiing for 2 days in Panorama, and enjoy breakfast at the College in our pajamas :-) Pretty sure it will be the end of April before I know it!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten